Here is a recipie to make your lunch a bit more interesting – pop in a tub and take with you where ever you go.
You will need:
(**available at Scoop and Scales)
- 375g brown rice **
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans, drained and rinsed **
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 tsp Happy Valley runny honey**
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
What to do:
- Cook rice for 8minutes (Taste to check it is too your liking)
- Once cooked, rinse under cold water to cool down.
- Once cold combine in a bowl with the beans, sweetcorn,onion and red peppers.
- Mix the lime zest and juice, honey and chilli in a separate bowl
- Pour over the rice mixture and mix well, then season to taste. Stir through the coriander leaves just before serving.