What could I bake with children?
This is the perfect recipe to try out with mini people – they don’t need to look perfect and taste amazing.
Buttery Raisin Cookies
You will need: **available at Scoop and Scales
- 60 g plain flour **
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 g caster sugar
- 90 g unsalted butter, softened
- tablespoon milk
- 170 g sultanas (or raisins) **
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F . Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well to distribute evenly.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until lightened and fluffy (a minute or two).
- Add half the flour mix. Beat until just combined. Add the milk and remainder of the flour and mix until it just starts to come together.
- Finally, add the sultanas and give the mix another beat until mixed through and the dough is clumping.
- Pull the dough together with your hands then take approximately 1.5 to 2 tbsp full of mixture, roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart
- Once you have filled a tray lay a sheet of baking paper over the top and use a second baking tray to press down all over to flatten the cookie out to about 5-6mm thick. (this will create rough, broken edges – this is a good thing).
- Bake for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar, turn the trays and bake for a further 6-7 minutes. Make sure they are nice and golden around the edges – this gives lots of extra flavour.