Fancy a date night?
This is a slice but be warned it wont last for very long as everyone loves it.
You will need: **available at Scoop and Scales
– 175g flour**
-175g oats **
-175g butter or margarine
-50g brown sugar **
For the filling
-175g dates, stoned and chopped **
-1tbsp lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. Happy valley clear honey **
What to do:
- Place all the filling ingredients in a small pan and simmer gently until the dates are soft.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and oats together, then rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and place half the mixture in a lined and greased shallow tin. (18cm). Press down the mixture firmly.
- Cover with the date mixture and sprinkle over the remaining oat mixture. Press down firmly.
- Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven. 190 deg C Gas mark 5 for 35-40 minutes.
- Cut into slices whilst warm and then cool before removing from the tin.