Vegetarian/Vegan Brunch anyone?
Since the beginning of the year Matt, has been trying to eat a wider range of vegetarian dishes. Here is one of his favourites:
Mexican Bean Burgers
– 270g cherry tomatoes (quartered)
– 1 finely chopped onion
– Juice of ½ a lime
– 2 garlic cloves
– 2 tsp of Tinga paste (or make your own blend with dried spices and herbs)
– 1 can of mixed beans**
– 1 can of black beans**
What to do:
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, a quarter of the onion and lime juice with 1tsp of oil. Set aside.
- Fry the remaining onion until soft, adding the garlic for 1 minute, and the paste for the final minute.
- Add the beans with a splash of water and cook until beans are tender.
- Tip in the tomato mix.
- Toast the sourdough, assemble and top with the coriander.