You can purchase a wide range of store cupboard essentials, packaging-free, from Scoop and Scales which are perfect for rustling up some culinary delights. And to give you inspiration we will be publishing recipes provided by our members.
Our first recipe is for a nutritious DIY granola.
Ingredients (this will make 800g of granola)
100g mixed nuts, chopped*
150g mixed seeds*
3tbsp oil (e.g. sunflower, melted coconut oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 – 125ml maple syrup
50 – 75ml honey
50 – 100g dried fruit (e.g. chopped dates, apricots, cranberries)*
Items with a * have been included in buying lists from Scoop & Scales.
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Tip all ingredients (except dried fruit) into a bowl
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well
- Tip on to baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes
- Mix in fruit and bake for a further 10-12 minutes
- Make sure the mix doesn’t over colour
- Cool and store in air tight jars
Recipe source: Alex Hollywood ‘My busy kitchen’
Simple, and delicious. Why not make some yourselves and share how you got on.