You can purchase a wide range of store cupboard essentials, packaging-free, from Scoop and Scales which are perfect for rustling up some culinary delights. And to give you inspiration we will be publishing recipes provided by our members.
Our April buying list had a new product on it and we wanted to put it to good use immediately. Thanks to our co-chair Andy around 30 members were able to purchase fresh locally grown rhubarb, and here we have a recipe for a wonderful crumble.
100g porridge oats*
200g self-raising flour
Olive / rapeseed oil*
50g sunflower seeds*
Products marked with a * have been included on Scoop and Scales buying lists LINK TO WHAT WE SELL
For the crumble:
1) Weigh out 100g of porridge oats and mix with 200g of self-raising flour.
2) Add olive or rapeseed oil to the bowl and mix until it begins to clump together.
3) Add 100g sugar and 50g sunflower seeds and mix.
For the filling:
1) Wash 500-700g of rhubarb and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
2) Stew gently for about 10 minutes and add some finely chopped root ginger (or a teaspoon of ground) and sugar according to your taste.
3) Peel 2 oranges, remove seeds and cut into small pieces.
4) Add to the stewed rhubarb and stir in.
Add the fruit into an oven proof dish and spread the crumble on top.
Cook in the oven at gas mark 4 (180 degrees) for 20-30 minutes.